Saturday 1 January 2011

Four Christmases (2008) & All About Steve (2009) And a bit of babble.

Four Christmases
This was my first movie of 2011. A Christmas film that has been lingering on my Sky plus box for ages. See that's the problem with having a Sky+ box... I always put films on to record and never get round to watching them. The only reason I finally watched it this morning is because I got up stupidly early, decided I was bored and flipped through the on screen planner and saw... SHOCK HORROR I'm down to 24% space. I had to start deleting crap.
So I ended up watching it thinking... Okay it has Vince Vaughn and Reese Whetherspoon in, it's going to be okay to occupy my half asleep brain. And it was for the most part. Although instead of having lovey dovey "aww" feelings towards the main characters (which is what you're supposed to feel in romcoms) I just found myself constantly annoyed by Brad (Vaughn's character). I don't know. I guess it wasn't the worst movie I've ever seen.


All About Steve
Another movie lingering on Sky. I'm a sucker for Sandra Bullock movies. And Bradley Cooper? Yum. Honestly, I wasn't expecting to like this movie... As soon as I saw a blonde Sandra Bullock I died a little inside. But I warmed to it. It was cute in an... Average way. But still cute. I also wasn't expecting Bullock's character to be a nut job (I'm sorry "normal in her own way"). I thought it was a romcom but it wasn't, although it certainly had that feel in the first half of the film. It was a nice early morning feel-good movie.




Note: I did say I wasn't going to review all the films I watch, and that still stands... But I probably will write a few words about some films. Like below. Not reviews, just grumbles or babbling.
And by the way, you'll soon learn from me that I'm not really a good film critic. Yes, I can study a film and analyse it 'til the cows come home if I need to... But I'm more interested in how a film makes you feel (and by you I mean me because... Well we all interpret things differently, obviously).

No comments:

Post a Comment