Saturday 1 January 2011

Introduction. Ish.

I'm a lazy blogger. I should say that from the start. Please don't expect much from this blog. At all.

Just thought I'd post a little intro. My name is Rachel and I'm 23. Probably the most boring person in the world. My new years resolution is to start and maintain a blog because... Well, I found an online diary I had a few weeks ago (from when I was a teenager) and realised I had forgotten a lot of stuff about my life back then. Although I really wanted to punch my former self... If only for the terrible grammar and spelling... Regardless, I liked reading it. I guess everyone loves a bit of nostalgia.

Also, last year I tried to do this thing where I challenged myself to watch one film a day. It worked out pretty well but I didn't have anywhere to really keep track of it. So this year I thought I'd start a blog to keep better track of what I watch. That's not to say all I'll be doing in this blog is listing films I watch... I'll be doing some "real" blogging too. And probably be doing some film reviews (although I won't be reviewing every film I watch because that would be too time consuming). I might add some of my film, media and culture essays I've written too. Although I'm not sure if I'm allowed to... I guess there's no harm in publishing past essays, right?

This "introduction" blog has been pretty crappy, hasn't it? I didn't really introduce myself much. I should probably add that I'm a twitter-holic... So if anyone actually comes across this and wants to know any more, you can tweet me @spacecampsucks

But... Just for the record... It's almost 11am of January 1st, 2011 and I've already watched TWO films. TWO. Okay, two crappyish films that were lingering on Sky anytime... And I got up stupidly early for no reason... But TWO films. 11 hours into the new year. Props to me?

Yes, yes... How very thrilling.

No comments:

Post a Comment