Thursday 6 January 2011

Movies watched from January 3rd - January 5th

January 3rd 

Finding Nemo (2003) 



This film is beautiful. One of my favourite Pixar films... Dori breaks my heart every time. I should explain, the next few days will be full of children's films. Actually, a lot of days will probably be filled with children's films because my two year old nephew is a frequent visitor to my house. Plus... I not-so-secretly love cartoons anyway. Shhh. They still count in my list okay?



The Wizard of Oz (1939)
Classic. Although since reading the book "Wicked" and loving the musical of the same name, I just can't watch it in the same way again... Dylan (my nephew mentioned above) fell asleep watching it. Is that a good or bad thing? 













January 4th

Beauty and the Beast (1991)
Oh boy will you see this a lot in my blog... Dylan is obsessed with it. I think in the last two weeks we've easily watched this... 20 times. No exaggeration. One day it was played three times. Three. THREE. I used to love this film. I remember seeing it at the cinema when I was a kid. My mum used to take us to see every Disney film released and it was traditional to get a happy meal on the way home. The happy meals usually had toys from the Disney films. Anyone remember those days? Those were good days. I miss them. This probably explains why I love Disney so much (and yes, I do love Disney... Screw you). I associate Disney & Disney movies with happy childhood memories.





Brother Bear (2003)


Tell every body I'm on my way! A more recent Disney classic. No one does it like Disney. Cute movie.
As you can probably guess, Dylan was here today...










January 5th

Beauty and the Beast (1991)
Again. 
No, really.
One and a half times.
I can basically recite the entire script. And sing every line of every song.
Apart from that song Gaston sings in the pub... Haven't quite mastered that one yet.
I'm sure by next week it'll be embedded in my brain.









Fame (2009)

Finally! A movie with a target audience above 8 years!
To be honest I only watched it because it was on Sky Anytime. I also saw this in the cinema... I wasn't impressed but it was aesthetically pleasing. Shiny lights and such.









I promise I will watch some decent films some time soon.
But I don't often keep promises so... Don't hold your breath.

I guess I'm averaging at about 2 movies per day. I'm on a break from uni until January 17th... Although I have a couple of essays to do, so I don't have much to do. I'll probably just make it to one movie per day when I'm back at uni :(

No comments:

Post a Comment